Pages


Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary To Us!

When we came home from Six Flags and the outlets last Thursday, we were surprised to see what greeted us in the doorstep. 
How sweet! :) Art ordered flowers online and had them delivered. The flowers came with its own vase, flower food and instructions. 
I love receiving flowers, but I don't know a thing about handling them. So this is my first time to cut stems and all that jazz.
The flowers started to bloom on its second day, but according to my mom I should have cut the stems diagonally for longer life. I didn't know that! But of course now I do. 

The next day, lookie what the mailman brought us. Shari's Berries! :)
Very sinful. Amazing how they taste as good as they look. Thanks sweetie! :)
So two years ago, I made one of the best decisions I will ever make in my lifetime and married the one person I cannot imagine living without. Everyday since then, I always go to sleep thanking God for giving me my husband. 

They said no marriage is perfect, which is why sometimes it scares me when I feel like everything is perfect is our lives. Of course "perfect" is subjective, and for me there's really nothing more I could ask for.  Once I even asked one of my friends if she thinks there's something in exchange for all the happiness I'm feeling now.

For now, I'm just so thankful that we're so blessed and I love our growing family so much. I mean, yes we have to deal with the distance. That actually is the biggest challenge we have in our marriage, we struggle every single day we are apart but we do everything we can to make it work. I constantly worry about Art's safety since he travels a lot and the places he gets assigned to are making me nothing short of paranoid. But there isn't a day that goes by that we don't chat or talk--thank goodness for cellphones, internet and webcam! :) 

We are trying our very best though to fix that matter because the kids are growing up fast and it's just so hard for them to always see their daddy leave. There's nothing definite yet for now but I'm crossing my fingers and praying that if it is in His will then God will grant us our desires, in His time. 

In our two years of being married an issue would come up every now and then, but its nothing that directly involves any one of us. Like I said, relationshipwise, there is really nothing more I could ask for.  Art is really everything I wanted and so much more! So if we just focus on each other and ignore the occasional nuisance, we should be just fine. I mean, what's life without a contrabida, anyway right. ;)

I love looking back at our wedding day. I wish I could be a young bride more than once, but of course be married to one and the same person!
Our wedding day was indeed one of the happiest days of my life. Now that we're married, I find myself having one happy day after another, and having visions of a lot more happy days ahead for us! :) 

I love you, sweetie! Happy 2nd Anniversary to us!

No comments: