Pages


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Bottle Battle

I've been reading up on BPA free baby bottles for a few months now but I'm still very confused about which ones to get for our baby girl. My two boys used Avent and since they are both still drinking from the bottle, I want our new baby to use a different brand to avoid confusion. Not to mention, the occasional leakiness of the Avent BPA free bottles really does bother me! 

I have narrowed down my choices to two brands: Tommee Tippee and Born Free. Since I plan to breastfeed just like I did with my two boys, it's important that the nipples will provide a smooth transition from breast to bottle once I decide to stop nursing. 

Tommee Tippee 


  • BPA & Phthalate free.
  • Mimics natural feel flex & movement of breastfeeding.
  • Natural shaped nipple for easy latch-on and less nipple confusion, allowing for easy transition between breast bottle
  • Anti-colic, anti-gas easi-vent helps prevent air ingestion, which can lead to gas, colic and fussiness
  • Easy to hold bottle for maximum comfort




Born Free




  • Made from Bisphenol-A free plastic
  • Revolutionary venting system helps reduce colic symptoms and middle ear infections
  • a new, innovative air vent that helps eliminate colic symptoms.
  • Soft stage-one nipple prevents hard suckling












Both bottles  come very highly recommended by mothers and numerous reviews, which is why I'm very confused! My only issue with born free bottles is that it comes with more parts than the usual baby bottles because of it's air vent system, which means more parts to wash and assemble for mommy.

I think I may be leaning towards Tommee Tippee because it came up with such a cutesy bottle design for baby girls. :)

No comments: