Pages


Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Kind of A Break

Some people have been asking why I have no blog updates lately. I'm [temporarily?] staying with my mother-in-law because she's been living alone since Art went abroad, and having the kids around is breath of fresh air for her. For those who know where the farm is, then you'd understand why we have no internet access and why it will be quite a challenge to have it set up.

Art and his dad offered to find a way to set one up for me but believe it or not I told them I'd rather not have internet there. I like it better there without internet because I find it more relaxing. I can always drop by our house if I need to use the internet anyway. (Like Now)

Actually, everyday after I drop Kaden to school, I make a lingering "stop over" at my parents' house and take advantage of the WiFi. My macbook is now with apple and it will be there for another few more weeks, which is another reason for my lack of blog posts. At least, I'm making the most of my applecare unlike Art who never had to use his because he is not "burara" like me. Tehee!

I tried borrowing my mom's laptop but I always end up getting frustrated with windows and instead I end up using my E71 to surf and chat [via fring]. My "tweople" will notice that I've recently become more active in my tweeting because fring makes it easy for me to update. Of course, right at this moment I'm on my mom's laptop so I can properly update my blog. :)

I'm relieved that I never succumbed to all the mini-laptop/netbook lusts that I've been having the past few months. Yes, they're very affordable but most of my friends who own the said mini-laptops I've been eyeing didn't have many positive feedbacks. Which is why I made a pact with myself that my next laptop will be a mac or none at all!

Of course, I think my macbook will still do me service for another good year and a half at least, and a new mac is surely not within our budget at the moment (Prioritize prioritize!). That doesn't stop me from sharing my current object of laptop lust:
13-inch Macbook Pro.

There. No need for me to post the specifications here, but you can check them out yourself.

*Sigh. Now isn't that pure laptop love right there? This would have been perfect for me because eventhough I've always wanted a Macbook Pro, I find that 15-inches or 17-inches is a little too big for me. While others say that bigger is better, I like my laptop small. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. So, Steve Jobs! please make apple come up with a minimac-laptop. Something as slim as the macbookair but smaller, and please please, take your time working on it. So that by the time it's out I will have a few extra pesos-es to spare for one. :p

No comments: