Pages


Saturday, July 11, 2009

One Year!


A year ago in the last paragraph of our Wedding Essentials feature, I wrote:
"I wanted a dream wedding. But Art gave me more than that. He was my dream partner, which is more important a thousand times over. Sometimes, all the excitement and anticipation of planning a wedding can make us forget about the real essence and even the sanctity of the wedding day itself. Every bride dreams of a beautiful wedding, but marriage is more than just the wedding day itself. It’s not just a one-day affair but also a lifelong commitment. I’m lucky to be married to someone who gives me a good reason to look forward to every tomorrow knowing that life is even more beautiful now that I have someone to share it with."

The year has gone by pretty fast for us, and we have been blessed especially with the arrival of our little bundle of joy. *Hurrah for honeymoon babies!* There are so many things to be thankful for, but today I am most thankful that I am married to the most wonderful man I could ever meet in my life (until my boys grow up ;p).

Thank you sweetheart for making sure that I am showered with love everyday, even though we're a thousand miles apart. I wake up everyday grateful to Him for giving me not just a husband but a best friend as well. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and most of all support. It's only been a year and I know there's still a lot more we have to learn about each other, but every new thing I learn about you just makes me love you even more.
I can't believe it's been a year since one of the happiest and most important days in our lives. Thank you, baby for being the truly amazing person that you are. You are everything I will ever want and need in this life. :) Looking at our wedding pictures never fails to remind me of the sheer joy and excitement coupled with unexplainable high that I felt on that day. It's a feeling that I will always always want to look back to and remember, especially if we one day hit a rough patch (which is inevitable "daw" but I hope we won't ever).

I love you so much, Art! Happy First Wedding Anniversary to us! :)

8 comments:

Art Eustaquio said...

Hi baby, you are so sweet. I can't wait to see you and celebrate for real. Not our just online postings hehe I miss you so much. Thank you for being such a loving and supportive wife :-) and a devoted mom to our kids :-) I am keeping busy to make the days fly by faster :-) I miss you baby, Happy Anniversary

Ymae said...

Happy First Anniversary to you and Art! :)

MaribenChristine said...

Aww.. loving and supportive wife. :) Yes, I am all that noh? Hahah. :p I love you baby. You know I support you all the way, in anything. Realistic or not. Heheh.

MaribenChristine said...

Aww. Thanks Ymae! :)

Tisha said...

Happy anniversary, Mar! Oh my, I still remember the first time I saw your SDE on Jason Magbanua's site. LOVED IT! Even commented on it, if you recall. :-)

How time flies... I'm sure it has been such an amazing year for you. Wishing you and Art many happy years to come!

MaribenChristine said...

Thank you Tish!! Yes I remember! And then we "met" shortly after yours was posted. :)

Anna said...

Congratulations on your first anniversay, Mariben and Art! we should go out for drinks sometime when you're both in town!!

MaribenChristine said...

Hi Anna! Thanks! Yes we should! :)