Pages


Sunday, July 19, 2009

On Being Marco Aquino

I don't think I've ever promoted another blog in my blog before, oh wait, I have! Hah! I promoted my hubbykins' blog which he now does NOT update. It makes me sad because I thought he has taken up a new hobby (photography) aside from stalking his wife but apparently he's too busy--with work (not with stalking).

Some introduction, sorry for that. To all my dear readers, I'd like to share my friend Marco's blog. Yes, he is my friend even if I deleted him twice on ym. LOL. He is Kaden's ninong and he was sweet enough to gift me the Twilight saga even before all the Twilight craze started. Marco, aka "hunkababe" has recently started writing a short story entitled The Sandbox, of which he adds a new chapter every Sunday.
Please visit his site and start from Chapter 1 (duh) to appreciate the story more. It's pretty addicting and he does a great a job at making his readers want to read the next chapter ASAP. But of course he makes them wait a whole week just for the fun of it. Tsk! :)

The characters of Jacob and Alexi are very lovable... especially for someone like me who easily gets attached to characters I read about. Jacob's innocence and wisdom makes me wish I were a kid again, playing in the sandbox. The story is very cute and it reminds me a bit of Little Manhattan only Jacob and Alexi are younger, wiser, and much more adorable. It's also nakakakilig! Judith McNaught-ish (yihee!), but not as heavy of course, especially in my favorite chapter.

It's actually just a light read so it won't take much time and definitely not much effort.

To Marco, keep up the good work! I promise if you'll stay good there will be no 3rd time. :p

Sharing this cute video. :)


5 comments:

Ymae said...

It's one of my fave chapters too! Along with chapter one. Hahaha. :)

MaribenChristine said...

Uy! You read his blog pala? Hahah! :)

Ymae said...

LOL. Why is everyone surprised? Hahaha. :)

MaribenChristine said...

:) Hmm.. now I wonder who else is. Hahah

Ymae said...

Hahaha. :)