Pages


Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ouch!

Facial Care Centre had a 50% off promo on their laser hair removal last week, so I grabbed the chance to get started on my brazillian sessions since it's one of the things on my 2009 wish list.
I had my underarms lasered about two years ago and I availed from FFC as well. I like it there because I find that they give pretty good service. You can pay at any branch (they have like 5 or 6) and then you do your sessions at any of the branches you find most convenient for you. I didn't feel any kind of pain at all for my underarm laser, and while I was warned that the bikini area is more sensitive due to thicker and coarser hair, I wasn't really ready for what I was about to experience.

This room is where I said "Ouch!"
I was in Manila for only 3 days, so I wanted to get started on my sessions ASAP because it will take about 10 sessions to really get your desired results for bikini, as opposed to the underarms where you will only need about 6 sessions. I was frustrated because ALL their branches were fully booked for all the days I was there and even until after I leave. I was almost tempted to go to Belo GH because they were having their laser hair removal at 30% off during that time, but I passed on it because FCC had a better [more practical] deal. Finally, they were able to squeeze me in for a 7am session but they don't me I didn't have time for Emla (topical anesthesia). The consultant told me that she never used Emla for her sessions anyway and if I had high tolerance for pain I won't need it. Boy, was she wrong.

Meet the Laserlight Soprano, Facial Care Centre's machine for laser hair removal. The pain is actually not that bad, but it bothered me more than when I had my tattoo done. So you can imagine the feeling. At first it felt like a visit to the gynecologist, and I was finding it a bit awkward that I had to show so much of myself to a stranger. LOL. :) But I forgot all about being embarassed and feeling awkward once the aesthetician started zapping, and once I started feeling pain. As soon as the session was over, so was the pain. I wouldn't mind going through it again next month, but next time I'm surely going to need Emla!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! magkano ang mgpalaser sa underarm?

girly

MaribenChristine said...

Hi. I don't remember exactly how much anymore. But I know it's around 20k+ at 50% off. :)