Pages


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vending Machines For High Heel Agony?

Once upon a time, I used to live in sky-high stilettos and wedges. In fact, 95% of the footwear I used to own were in heels. Never mind that I [sometimes] had to compromise comfort for the sake of fashion [or style].

For some women, wearing high heels made them feel sexy and somehow the illusion of having longer legs CAN manage to make them look sexy as well. My 5'1 err--petite self always felt that it could take advantage of the few extra inches brought about by being in heels.

But moving back to Zamboanga and having two babies in tow made me give up wearing heels on a daily basis. I now save them for special occasions and times when I don't have the kids with me so that I won't have to walk in constant fear of losing my balance and (accidentally) causing injury to any one of my boys.

It didn't take much time before I learned to love flats. My shoe closet was revamped to give way to a growing collection of flip-flops, ballet flats, and flat strappy sandals, among others. I think I embraced flats too much because nowadays it takes a little extra effort for me to wear heels. Good thing I may have found a solution to this: Rollasole.
Rollasole is an emergency ballet flat being sold in vending machines across UK clubs for about £5 ($8). These cute and supposedly comfy rolled up flats fit inside a tiny case you can throw in your purse and allows women to ditch their heels after a long night out. They come in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large. Accordingly, it even comes with a drawstring bag to carry the offending heels home.

Who would have thought that behind this sheer genius is a businessman, Matt Horan, who found his eureka moment in his stiletto loving girlfriend who would complain about her aching feet every time they went out.

Since we women know that the best kind of shoes to wear are those that are ridiculously high, deliciously gorgeous, and excruciatingly painful, the availability of this product once our feet become tired is certainly very appealing. Even those who rock ultra high heels would need a quick fix one time or another. It won't be limited to clubbing, but also after a long day of walking or shopping.

Actually, we can never really tell when we can find the rollasole handy. So wouldn't it be nice to have one in our purse just in case? After all, it doesn't take up much space, and [I almost forgot to mention that] the ballet flats are actually cute.


5 comments:

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

amazingly cute and chic!

MaribenChristine said...

super! :)

Anna said...

Alam mo mariben, parehas tayo, after giving birth, i couldn't wean myself from the flats I wore when i was pregnant. now i don't even wear boots as much, grabe! sana may ganyang vendo machine dito!!!!!!

MaribenChristine said...

hi anna! wow you can still wear the same shoes you wore when you were pregnant? ibig sabihin your feet did not swell up during pregnancy. how lucky!

Anna said...

anuka - it did noh! it got fatter! i lost my ankles!!!!