Pages


Wednesday, June 3, 2009

One Boring Afternoon

Recently, my friend Alfonso took lessons in Lighting Techniques under Parc Cruz & Borj Meneses. So he was in constant search for "models" to practice his newly learned skills on. If only I were back to my pre-pregnancy state, I wouldn't have minded being under his lens. Teehee :)

One boring afternoon, we decided to use Carlos Chace for his "experimental shots" weheheh, just like a guinea pig. So armed with an emergency light (for source light), his new flash, an illustration board, and a blue blanket [because we had none in black]-- we started our "trial" pictorial. My poor baby Chace didn't know what was coming for him.

Some of the shots he took.



My mom (who was ever supportive and who is a fan of Alfonso's) and I assisted him during the shoot. Carrying Chace, holding up the blanket, the illustration board, the flash, the emergency light, and the most difficult of all--trying to keep Chace from crying.

So there I was, doing all that with my trusty [winky dinky] point-and-shoot hanging on my neck. I couldn't resist taking a few non-SLR shots myself.


We had specific shots in mind, but shooting that particular afternoon made us realize that a baby shoot wasn't that easy after all. In fact, we were not able to do even just one of the kind of shots we were planning. Nonetheless, the shoot turned out nice--especially for a beginner. It took a lot of patience on Alfonso's part, but according to him it made him realize that he'd rather go into landscape photography now. Lol.


No comments: