Pages


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Much Needed Trip To The Salon


At the moment, I'm blogging [in my fone] from Tony & Jackey where I'm getting a series of hair treatments for my severely damaged hair while I sip my green tea.

I haven't had a hair treatment in a long long time... even before I got pregnant. So not only does my hair really deserve this, it really NEEDS this. :)

We are going to be here in Manila for another week because we still have a few more follow ups with Kaden's doctors. I'm relieved though that the bloody stool the doctors found alarming is turning out to be just a bad case of food & milk allergy. Now Kaden is being observed for his snoring. His pedia-gastro heard him snoring once when she was doing her rounds so they referred him to a pedia-ENT. They want to test him for sleep apnea among others.

Thanks to my friend Dyan, whose condo she is renting out to us for the time being. We really like that it is in the same building where my bro's staying. What I like the most about living in the DLSU vicinity is that I'm more comfortable, having lived in the area a good 6 years.

And my point in blogging? None. I'm just happy to be in a salon after a while and I'm bored! I feel that I desperately need a change in hairstyle but right now I'm not yet ready for a short 'do, as I am still on the heavy side and it will just make me seem heavier.

I tried to request for full bangs but apparently, my forehead isn't wide enough so it will do nothing to flatter my face. I'm now abandoning the idea and will settle for getting my old boring hairstyle back, as long as it will no longer look so dry and damaged. At least now my brother won't be able to say that I look like a "bruha!'' when I let my hair down.. That,s good enough for me, for now. .

4 comments:

ponso said...

na good kay kaden is okay...so how do you look now? hehehe.post a new pic. haha.

Frances said...

Glad to know Kaden is better =)

As for your disappointment over the bangs, well, here's my story. My stylist told me before, "Hon, let's do bangs."

"Won't I look like a kid?"

"No, they're very in now."

"I don't know."

"You'll look very chic."

"I don't know..."

"Ate, ang lapad ng noo mo. Grabe. Para kang Tyra Banks. Mag-bangs ka."

"Ah. Okay!"

MaribenChristine said...

Hi pons thanks, no need for pics coz we are seeing each other soon, :)

Hi frances, thanks. i now wish i have a slightly wider forehead because i'm still desperate for a new hairstyle. :)

MaribenChristine said...

frances, any hairstylists to recommend? :)