Pages


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Venus & Mars Loot.

During my pregnancy, I got into this organic products phase. Now that I'm nursing, I still feel more comfortable using products that I know are organic. Plus, I like supporting locally made products... if they're good.

After reading about Venus & Mars on reviews and forums, my curiosity got the better of me so I decided to give a few of their products a shot. I wanted to see what Emu Oil, one of the main ingredients of their products, really does to the skin.

This is from their site, click to read more about Emu Oil.
Emu oil is an oil made from the refined fat of the Emu, a bird native to Australia. It has been used for a thousand of years for the treatment of burns, wounds and bruises. It has also been used as a pain reliever for bone, muscle and joint orders. It is used to soften the skin while making it 2.5 times thicker and stronger, (thus reducing fine lines and wrinkles!) and is frequently found in ointments for dry cracked heels. It is considered to be the "it" ingredient in beauty products, such as natural analgesics, non-surgical facelifts and wrinkle removers because it is the only natural oil that penetrates the skin the fastest.

Emu oil has has been shown in studies to aid in reducing scar formation in healed burn wounds, muscle sprains and arthritis due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is also known to lighten the skin's appearance.

My orders were:
VNM Bare It All Emu Cream
VNM Spa Milk Salt
100% Premium Emu Oil
VNM CPC+G
Minty Geranium Mud Emu Soap
Poppy Plush Emu Soap
Freebie: Lulur Soap Sample

I am very loyal to Dove soaps, but I'm pretty excited to try these new soaps because I've read many good things about them. :)

No comments: