Pages


Thursday, May 7, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy

This is called the "6 Things That Make Me Happy Tag." According to the rules, the things should be unimportant. As usual, I'm not planning to tag anyone so it looks like I'm breaking the actual rules of the tag. I just thought it would be nice to share the 6 (only 6?!) silly things that never fail to make my day. It wasn't easy coming up with these because we would assume that whatever makes us happy is important, to us at least.

1. Trying out new restaurants. Those who know me, know that I love food and eating is a favorite past time of mine. One reason that I really miss Manila (aside from the shopping) is because I miss trying out new places to eat, just as much as I miss my favorite restaurants. There just isn't much to choose from here in Zamboanga. I also enjoy reading food/restaurant reviews online so I can plan where I want to eat the next time I'm in Manila. Too bad I can't cook anything to save my life. Sometimes I think I should have married a chef. Heheh.

2. Watching my two boys sleep. It seems that when they are fast sleep, it is the only time of the day that I get to see them calm, peaceful and serene [not to mention behaved!]. I adore my little boys, and its so cute how Kaden talks in his sleep while Chace chuckles.

3. Downloading episodes of my favorite shows. Downloading is my guilty pleasure, I think I leave my laptop on 24/7 because of this. I download Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, Gossip Girl, Heroes, 24, Chuck, among many others. I get sad whenever the season ends and I get really affected when other shows I like (like Lipstick Jungle) don't get renewed for another season.

4. Blog-hopping. Among my favorite blogs are Chuvaness, Daphne Osena's, The Bag Hag, Manila Fashion Observer, Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop (which I signed up to receive newsletters from) and many others. Just look at the right portion of my blog for the links.

5. Long warm baths. My mom constantly complains about the length of time I spend in the bathroom, but what can I do? I can't possibly deny myself that long, warm, relaxing bath. This is also why I like buying great smelling bath products.

6. Online "window" shopping. I may not be able to go shopping [or window shopping for that matter] now because I'm still fat [hehehe] and because I'm stuck here in Zamboanga [in the mean time], but I still find myself going online "window" shopping every now and then. The experience doesn't come close to the real thing, but so far it's been a good substitute for the shopaholic in me.


2 comments:

Arturo Eustaquio said...

"I adore my little boys, and its so cute how Kaden talks in his sleep while Chace chuckles."

hehehe it's like Kaden is talking to Chase, telling him a funny story. He really chuckles in his sleep? Can you video tape that baby please? I want to hear it

MaribenChristine said...

I'll try. I think I'll have to be really fast and leave the camera under my pillow to catch the moment. hehe.