Pages


Friday, May 15, 2009

My Husband... 36 Going On 16.

Happy Happy Birthday To My Dearest Hubbylicious!

Not everyone knows how Art & I started, I'm not going to elaborate on that in this post but all I can say is- I commend him on his foresight!
We were not a couple yet in this picture. But according to him, he knew even then that eventually we were gonna end up together. Pure wishful thinking.

Trivia: Art and I met at work. We once had a really big fight and I was so mad at him that I drafted a resignation letter which he gladly accepted and right away submitted to our boss! Good thing our boss sat me down and told me to think about it. I cried so hard when our boss told me that he got promoted and he was going to be a boss as well.
But dreams do come true! Can you see the longing and desire in his eyes? No, we were not yet a couple here too. I commend him (again) though for his determination as well as perseverance. He knew what he wanted and he never gave up on me, no matter what I did (Buti nalang!).
Soon enough I realized that he was after all what I wanted too. So we became a couple-a very happy couple. :) I love how being with him is just plain fun, and how the silly things we do become interesting. He makes me laugh a lot, and he says I make him laugh too. Not everyone gets my humor, so that's a big for me.
I love how I can talk to him about anything and everything. He is a great friend [and in the absence of my best friend, he is now also my best friend]. I know that one day when we grow old and grey, when all the excitement dies down, it is very important to have someone by your side who you can talk to-- and who you love talking to. The thing I miss most now that we're apart is our late night conversations when we're in bed- about our goals and our plans for our family- or when we're just plain teasing each other until we laugh ourselves to sleep.
From the very start until now, he is very supportive of me. He supports everything I do and everything I want to do [including my shopaholic tendencies ha]. Just as I support him in all his plans and decisions. Now that we're married, all his successes and failures are mine, just as mine are his. I love how when I'm wrong about something, he doesn't find the need to point it out, instead he just pretends not to notice.
See the longing and desire in his eyes? It's still there. We were already a couple in this picture and we were preparing for our wedding. Having a long distance relationship [or marriage for that matter] is hard, but I think we're bridging the gap pretty well. We never miss a day of talking to each other, we chat endlessly, we even comment on each other's blogs & tweets! (haha) Some people may say its not the same, and they're right. But what's important is that this is working for us right now, and it makes seeing each other again even more special. We both know that this is temporary, but Art is still working on convincing me to move, though. ;p
They say marriage is tough and that the best way to ruin a perfectly happy relationship is to get married. That's probably true, and maybe our day of trials will come. But I am confident that we will be able to overcome all that and more. Because Art never gave up on me, I learned not to give up on him too... and in the long run I know that that will be very good for us.
Before we were married I used to tease him about being a momma's boy. He would tell me that he's not, but I'd insist. Now that we're married I can see that he is not a momma's boy but being an only son, he just really takes good care of his mother. I know other wives get annoyed when that happens but I find it sweet and it makes me love him more... Actually I wish my sons would grow up to be just like him. I love being married to this person and I look forward to many many wonderful years with him.

To my husband who wishes to be 16 instead of 36, who sometimes acts 16 instead of 36, and who claims to look 16 instead of 36, To my hubbylicious who is both my McDreamy and my McSteamy, who is always McHottie-- Happy happy birthday! I love being your wifey and I love you more & more everyday. :)





5 comments:

Art Eustaquio said...

wow love.. I'm so touched. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I love it baby.. I miss you and everything we do together. Thanks.. I love you :-)

MaribenChristine said...

hahah. didn't take much time :p

Unknown said...

You're both lucky to have each other!

MaribenChristine said...

yes! very! thanks auntie mae.

dyan said...

aw...very sweet. naiyak ako.