Pages


Sunday, April 13, 2008

when Art is Love.

Yes, we are both grown adults. But there will always be some more growing up to do.
Some more new things to learn.
Some more ways to love.
Some more experiences to live.
You are the ONLY one I want to grow up some more with, to learn all the new things with, to journey the road of life with.
You are the ONLY one I want to grow old with.
Remember the conversation we had last time? When I told you that, "If you couldn't take me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best."?
Well, you were right.
You took me at my worst.
Not only that, you also nurtured my damaged soul.
You knew how broken I was.
I wasn't just struggling to put the pieces of me back together, I was also out there searching for those pieces, missing many of those pieces.
You loved those little pieces of me. Sharp edges and all. With your bare hands. Not caring if you'll get wounded. Knowing that you will.
You loved me at my worst.
More importantly, you let me be. Broken. Damaged. Lost.
You waited, and you loved me. Never once pressured me to put the pieces back together, never attempting to fix the damage, never trying to find what's lost.
Without doing anything except love me, you have managed to make me whole again.
Just when I thought I was damaged beyond repair. You proved me wrong.
I love you more and more each day.
If only I could, I would give you the best of me everyday, but we both know that's not realistically possible given that I'm only human.
So, I'm giving you something else.
Something I've never given anyone else.
I'm giving you the rest of my life.
There is no other way I'd rather spend it than with you.

No comments: