Pages


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lovin' ToyWatch!

I might be a little too late into the ToyWatch craze, but then, so what?! I read about the watch sometime last year, but even then, it was already a little bit late, being that it was introduced mid 2006 and featured by Instyle, People, & Lucky magazine among many others.

I've always liked big watches, I even like wearing men's watches most of the time. :) Although, now that we're in austerity (again!), I'm steering clear of shopping for a little while. Gotta make small sacrifices here and there in order to achieve long term gains, right? [Art will be so proud to read this.]

What's so special about these toywatches anyway? Aside from it taking the world by storm, it's a luxury style plastic watch that's reminiscent of a Rolex or Audemar Piguet, but only cheaper! It's designed by Marco Marvilla, an italian wristwatch designer from the US. It's got a wide range of designs to choose from that it's just so difficult to narrow down your choice to only one toywatch. It's been seen on the wrists of hollywood stars such as Oprah, Madonna, Keira Knightly, among many others.

Here are my current favorites:



Gold Chrono Collection - Brown

$275









Neon Plasteramic - Pink

$195










All Black Classic Collection - Black

$275









Twin Collection - White

$375









Luxury Plasteramic - White

$375






*sigh. :)

I was given an Anne Klein plastic chrono last month, and it reminds me so much of the ToyWatch Crystal collection.

Tara Reid's Crystal vs. My AK Acrylic


They look so similar that I think I really can do without a toywatch for now. ;)

8 comments:

Ymae said...

The hot pink one is sooo cool. But the white Luxury Plasteramic is the fairest of em all! Sigh back at yah! Hehehe. :D

P. S. I guess I'm a comment poster wherever huh? :D

MaribenChristine said...

I want them all! ehehhe when are u going to HK? hahaha

Ymae said...

No plans for now. Hehe. But I will tell you if I do. So you can buy 'em all. :D

MaribenChristine said...

Err not ALL. heehe

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

so you got one? I'm Eying on this white one I saw….around P10,000 , pretty ok budget wise, visit Tint at Greenbelt 3

MaribenChristine said...

okay I'll check it out when I go back to Manila in Oct. :) Nope didn't get one yet coz the AK Acrylic I have looks like the ToyWatch Crystal. I still can't decide which of these I want for myself. :)

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

fun, how about a vintage paul smith men's watch?

MaribenChristine said...

Vintage & Men's Watch both sound cool. But can I afford a Paul Smith watch? What are the price range for their watches?