Pages


Saturday, May 31, 2008

I get CARRIEd away :)

Sex & The City is my all time favorite television series, bar none. I was so brokenhearted when the show aired it's final season on HBO a few years back, and I could swear I felt like a part of me died with it. I missed the characters, especially Carrie! and I'm not just talking about the fashion, the shoes, the unabashed love for human frailty, the great lines, the green humor, and the futile attempts to happy-ever-afters, but also the men, specifically, Mr. Big! 

I am a huge Mr. Big fan and I was rooting for them until the very end. [I have this scene where Carrie & Big were dancing to Moonriver playing on my mind at this very moment.] I never really found the chemistry between Carrie & Aidan, plus for some reason I just didn't think he was that attractive [until PS I love you].

No one was more thrilled than I was when I found out that they were gonna turn the fab series into a movie, and what got me even more excited was when I found out that Mr. Big was gonna star on it too! The much anticipated movie was released last weekend and there have been mixed opinions from moviegoers and SATC fans alike, ranging from utter disappointment to genuine delight. To each his own right? Nonetheless, this movie was an instant box office with its $55.7 mil premiere. Since, we don't have any good theaters in Zamboanga, I'm planning to watch the film on my trip to Manila on the 9th and I absolutely cannot wait! 

Who would want to miss another few hours experiencing the cosmopolitan high life of these four ladies in NYC, who have become so much a part of us, and whose lives will be something we would wish from time to time that we had, or not. Eventhough their lives are far from parallel to ours, most of us find a little bit of Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha & Carrie in all of us.

As for Carrie, whose fashion sense is both admired and hated, who is viewed as either a fashion icon or a fashion mishap [depending on the occasion], and who was named the #1 Unsexiest woman by Maxim magazine in 2007, but is found to be all kinds of sexy by women all over, her movie wardrobe was just as unpredictable as usual. I have to admit that there are a number of occasions when her style just yells fashion disaster! in stilettos. However, I'm one of those who find more to love, than hate in SJP's style.




A wedding for Carrie huh? Hmmm... Who knew? 

Now about that gown...

No comments: