Pages


Friday, May 9, 2008

I got Inked!

I was expecting it to hurt like hell, but to my surprise, it was nowhere close to giving birth without an epidural! I mean, I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt at all because it, but surprisingly, it's not as bad as other people claim it is. Then again, maybe it just depends on one's tolerance level for pain.

I wasn't planning on getting a tattoo that day, I just decided to pass by Robinson's Galleria after my session at the Facial Care Centre which was just close by. When I got to the mall, I went straight to Gene Testa's shop at the new wing to inquire about navel piercing, and ended up getting one on the spot. I also asked about getting a tattoo since I've been toying with the idea for a while now. It turned out that he was going to be out of town the next day until the day I leave for Zamboanga. So I had to decide right there if I really wanted to get one or not. I figured, I better get one while he was there and before I completely chicken out. Talk about on-the-spot decision making!

Gene was a recommended by my friend, Matt, who's had several tattoos done by him already. I'm kind of paranoid about the sterility of the equipments used and the possibility of getting an infection. Looking at Gene's clientele, I decided he's definitely not one of those tattoo artists I should be worried about, and if I were to get inked, I wouldn't want it to be done by anyone else but him. :)

So I called Art who was then out firing with Kenneth & Rico, to come over and join me. Aside from giving moral support, I was hoping he'd get a tattoo with me so that it'll be more fun and memorable, but much to my disappointment, he was too scared that it might hurt and didn't have the guts [yet, daw]. He's gonna completely deny it if he reads this, but I have evidence of the look on his face while I was getting my tattoo. He looked half grossed out and half like he wanted to cry, while of course trying to look brave. His effort to convince both me and Gene that he really wanted to get inked as well but just didn't know what design to put at that moment was actually cute. Endearing because I love him, but very funny. 

A lot of people who's had tattoos say that getting one is very addicting, because as soon as you get your first you can't wait to get your second, then your third, and then more. According to Gene, most of the time the most difficult stage is when you have to decide whether or not you should get a tattoo. Once you have, then it's easy to keep 'em coming. But hey don't worry mom, I don't intend to get a sleeve or something outrageous like that, and not because I got my first tattoo and my navel pierced in one night, doesn't make me a rebellious daughter, so don't panic. I'm still your little girl. :p

I can't promise that this will be my last tattoo though. Those white inked tattoos look really interesting. Hmmm...

3 comments:

woshihushi said...

omg u did it! :)

MaribenChristine said...

yes i did! let's get my next one together! ahaha. when will u be in manila? lets go out

woshihushi said...

im back in manila!!!