Pages


Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

I finished reading my first book for 2013 yesterday as part of my new year's resolution to start reading regularly once again.
Although this book is categorized as Young Adult Contemporary, and a young adult I most certainly am not, I found myself tremendously enjoying it. In fact, I laughed and cried and cried some more (I am cliche like that). I had no expectations prior to reading this book so i was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I'm not good at book reviews so I will make no such attempt at that but I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read. This is my first John Green book and now I can't wait to read all his other books

Some of my favorite lines:

“That's the thing about pain...it demands to be felt.” 


“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” 


“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” 


“You are so busy being YOU that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.” 


“Without pain, how could we know joy?' This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.” 


“Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” 


“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.” 

No comments: