Pages


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Repetto Love!

Sometimes I'm not sure which one I love more, bags or shoes? Maybe I love bags more but since I have not (yet) taken interest in designer shoes (do Tory Burch count?), the shoes I want are usually affordable so it's easier to make an impulse purchase and get immediate gratification. This probably explains my massive shoe collection which consists mostly of shoes I almost never get to wear.

Before I had kids, I rarely wore flats because at 5"1, I am feel really tiny. Now with three kids, my main priority is comfort so I'm usually in flats especially when I'm taking the kids out by myself. Of course, I try to take advantage of those times when Art or my parents are there to help out with the kids, to pull out my heels so that for a few hours I can feel like a woman. :)

So with all my impulsive buys, I tend to forget about the basics which are really more important and worth investing in because they'll be around for a long time. Thus, I'm on the quest for the perfect workhorse everyday ballet flats. I finally found the one I love and want in Repetto
I am in love with the subtle and classy design of their Repetto BB (for Brigitte Bardot) ballet flats.
It was said that Repetto's first ballet slipper dates back to 1947 which easily became a reputable dance footwear for years before they finally hit street fashion and until now their BBs are still a classic.  It's also helpful to know that now Repetto carries 19 different models of ballet flats to cater to varying tastes and needs. 

Their appeal is not limited to their designs but also because they are supposedly made by hand in relatively small batches and this gives it an air of exclusivity. Repetto's company chief Jean-Marc Gaucher describes them as, "it feels like a slipper, it's just like wearing a glove."

Now I can't wait to get myself a pair of these iconic babies (after I quench my Loubie thirst). With all the yummy colors, it's hard to pick a favorite, although the black and red Bbs are on top of my list.
via The Coveteur
Some celebrity sightings.
Angelina Jolie
Reese Witherspoon
Gwyneth Paltrow
Rachel Bilson
Kelly Rutherford
Repetto is available online via La Garconne.

No comments: