Pages


Sunday, October 3, 2010

All Set, But Still No Baby...

Just when I think I can't get any more pregnant, I STILL AM! I'm almost full-term and I still haven't given birth yet! :'( With my two boys, I was about a week to 10 days early in going into labor, so I'm kind of disappointed that our baby girl still doesn't feel like making her grand entrance.


We're already so prepared for her arrival. Online shopping at BabiesRus is such a huge disappointment! After three attempts at ordering which all ended up being cancelled, I finally called their customer service to complain and found out that they don't accept international credit cards. :(


So my grandma (guided by my Aunt Is) drove me to a nearby ToysRus, and I was able to buy most of the things we needed. Kind of disappointing that they don't carry everything that's being sold online in BabiesRus, but at least I was able to get the more important things.


Like the Tommee Tippee bottles that I wanted. I decided to get a microwavable sterilizer instead of an electronic one for now because I find it more reliable. Carlos' electronic Avent sterilizer gave up after only a few months of usage, so we had to go back to the microwavable one that we used for Kaden. 
I also got these Playtex BPA free drop-ins for travel. Kaden used to drink from Playtex bottles whenever we'd travel, while Carlos used the Avent ones but the refills were much harder to find than Playtex so I decided to go back to Playtex for our baby girl. 
I was also able to get her a grooming set. I didn't find anything in pink or purple, so I got the orange Safety 1st instead.
Baby girl also got her folding bath seat. I tried buying a bathtub but ended up returning it because it doesn't fit in a balikbayan box, so I can't bring it home with me. This Summer Infant Mother's Touch Deluxe Baby Bather folds up flat and conveniently, best of all, it's cheap! 
Swabs for babies, and I love this print on the Huggies wipes case. I was trying to find a pink or purple one but had no luck. I'm still trying to decide if I really need a wipes warmer since I never used one for my other two kids, but then again the weather is colder now than it was when the two boys were born.
I just wanted to be prepared and have the baby bottles on-hand even though I don't intend to use them anytime soon because I'm going to nurse exclusively for the first few months just as I had with my two boys. So I'm stocking up on nursing pads. I used Avent pads with the two boys but for some reason, they are always out of stock these days so I'm trying other brands. I reckon they are all the same anyway. 
I have my little diaper caddie in the bedside table with the bath & body care necessities. I wanted to use all Mustela products for our baby girl but they were out of the Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream (to prevent diaper rash) so I got Aveeno and Burt's Bees instead. I used Desitin with my two boys and it was pretty effective, but I wanted to try something new for our baby girl. I love the Mustela scent! My friend Candice introduced me to the brand and I can't wait to use it on my baby's skin. 
My Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail is now waiting to be filled with newborn diapers. 
Baby girl's car seat is all set. I'm so happy with this Maxi Cosi mico car seat in happy flower! :) It's so pretty!

See, we're already very prepared! Just playing the waiting game for now...

All that's lacking is our little baby girl. I'm really praying that she doesn't let mommy and the world wait much longer. :)

No comments: