Pages


Friday, August 20, 2010

Mulberry For Target

I joined Gilt (for some guilt-free shopping) after reading Manilafashionobserver's blog post about british accessories designer Mulberry collaborating with mass retailer Target for "budget" handbags.   
Gilt was supposed to make a sneak-peak sale and debut the bags earlier, August 20 at noon EST, before it becomes officially available in Target stores on October 10th of this year. However, all the bags were sold out in less than an hour. 

I wasn't exactly planning on making a purchase. I was just curious about how much they'd price the bags. Turns out that none of the handbags are priced over $50. 

Out of the 5 handbag designs, I found this satchel in quilted denim the cutest. It comes in two sizes, with the smaller one at $34.99 and the larger one at $49.99. 
Other handbags.
$34.99

$14.99

$29.99

The denim satchel and the black patent version reminds me of the Mulberry Bayswater. 
I wish they had used real leather on the patent even if they'd have to increase the prices. Oh well, I will be waiting to see them in person come October to look at the quality. But if I do get one, I think I'd have to remove the heart charms so it won't look like a Juicy Couture Bag. :)

No comments: